Friday, July 31, 2009

More art for SICK

Here is a story I did on odd musical groups. Actually the names are not that far off from reality, in fact, some band names are much weirder than what I have come up with.

Name a group 3-68

MusicGroups 2

This art was drawn on a special surface, Craftint Duotone illustration board, which enabled me to create two different gray tones by washing a special fluid over certain areas. I'm not sure if this illustration board is still available today but it was used by many artists in the 1950's and 60's. I remember Will Elder and Wally Wood of Mad fame using this special surface frequently.

Organic Remains

Music Groups

2 comments:

David Blaine Clemons said...

Harry, the Craftint Mfg Co. became Grafix Plastics some time ago. Their boards are called Duoshade and still available. It's a neat effect, but digital shading is more practical now-days I think.

http://www.grafixarts.com/duoshade.htm

cruise_elroy said...

while they left off "the electric", there indeed was a band called tse tse fly in the uk in the '90s who i enjoyed immensely and once 'featured' on my blog:

http://terminalseventyfive.blogspot.com/2011/08/tse-tse-fly.html

fantastic posts here regarding 'sick' mag!!