Monday, May 18, 2009

More 1985 Volkswagon catalog artwork

There were a total of 36 ink line drawings to do that were used in six catalogs. Many of these drawings were quite complex and had to be done under tight deadlines. If I remember correctly, I also went out on the photo shoot to Nevada and New Mexico for some of these catalogs. My wife and I fell in love with Santa Fe and New Mexico in general. We were living in New York at the time which my wife was not fond of after living in Paris. I enjoyed Manhattan, but after a while we both grew a bit weary of the place.

28-4 VW Art

27-8 VW Art

28-1 VW Art
Some of the art was fairly simple, most of it was mechanical and quite complex.

28-2 VW Art

28-3 VW Art

28-7 VW Art
Santa Fe is one of the largest fine art markets in the U.S. with many art galleries. When we came back from New Mexico I decided to do a few new paintings directed at that market and see if I could interest any gallery there to represent me. In the next posts I will show a few of those paintings.

3 comments:

Charlie Allen said...

HARRY.....My periodic check on Mr. Borgman! As always, good, professional stuff. Looks like you had more technical and boring assignments than I....but that's commercial illustration. Not all fun and games. Will look forward to your Santa Fe paintings. I had a hankering to do some western things....until I visited Sedona and Flagstaff. Gallaries galore with tons of western paintings....too much art for any market! Thanks again.

Harry Borgman said...

Hi Charlie,
Thanks for your comments. I even enjoyed doing this technical stuff as it paid very well. Some of this catalog work included graphic design and travel to locations out west as I would usually be involved in some of the photo shoots. I'm also enjoying seeing a lot of your great work on your blog and Leif's storyboard blog.
Harry

Anonymous said...

Harry contact editor@camera-shopper.com please.