Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Outdoor sculpture and a competition

Sculpture1
Here are a couple of outdoor sculptures that I did. The one on the left is constructed of Douglas Fir, the other was done using various woods.

Sculpture2
Close ups of the sculpture that was created using various woods.

Sculpture7

The sculptural models, above and below, were part of a presentation for the city of South San Francisco Westborough Boulevard Sculpture Competition. These are actually wooden mock ups, the final sculpture would be constructed of steel and would be 30 feet high.

Sculpture8

SculptProp1
Here is what my presentation looked like, I did marker renderings of how the sculpture would look in the actual location. My advertisng layout marker skills came in handy for this presentation. It was a fun project even though I did not win the competition.

No comments: