Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Storyboards for Oldsmobile

Here is a typical automotive storyboard, I've rendered hundreds of these over the years, having done storyboards for every automotive manufacturer. My long experience in Detroit helped me get automotive assignments from ad agencies from all over the U.S. as well as in France where I worked for several years. These particular renderings were done in the 5 x 7" size using markers on high quality layout paper under the usual tough deadline.

HBTV170

HBTV171 copy

HBTV172

HBTV171

HBTV170 copy

HBTV172 copy
Automotive assignments are a very specialized field which not every comp artist is able to handle. The ad agencies rarely supplied reference material which added another element to the normal tough deadline. Frequently I received several commercials to do over a weekend.

No comments: