Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Earlier figure studies

Recently I've been posting some of the new abstract figure studies that I've been painting. I thought I would show you a few of the figure studies that I worked on Previously. These acrylic paintings were exhibited a the Craig Smith Gallery in Harbert, Michigan in 2007.

HarryWorkng
HARRY AT WORK
Kind of a self portrait of me painting.

A day in the life of
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MODEL
I love the comic strip medium and employed that format for this painting, kind of a Pop Art feeling.

LadyGodiva
LADY GODIVA
Instead of a full figure, I show her falling off the horse and added shoes.

2 comments:

diane said...

i really like the comic strip style painting, it kind of gives life to a life painting, if that makes sense?

Harry Borgman said...

Hi Diane, Yes it makes a lot of sense to me. It's really hard to explain why I feel that it gives life to the painting, but I totally agree with you.Thanks for checking out my blog.
Harry