Thursday, August 18, 2011

Expanding your horizons as an artist

Even though I was a working commercial artist for many years I always was involved with the fine art business. I often took classes in woodblock and lithograph printing and it was a nice relief from the rigors of the commercial illustration and design business. It also got me interested in heading the Advertising Department and teaching classes at what is now the College for Creative Studies in Detroit.which I did for about five years. Below are a couple of my woodblock prints from that era, about 1964. I am running out of advertising material to post and hope to find more soon in my files. To all of you commercial artists out there, I recommend that you expand you talents into other areas, it is good for your development and it can be exciting as well.

Woodcut856

Woodcut855

No comments: